The Library Board of Trustees will meet on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7 pm. The meeting will be streamed online to the library’s YouTube page here: https://youtu.be/X4ug-LC9qe4. The agenda of the meeting can be viewed here: Agenda for the July 27th Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Board of Trustees of the Ferguson Municipal Public Library District will hold a hearing to discuss the budget and adoption of same for the fiscal year 2020-2021. The hearing is scheduled to be held at 35 N. Florissant Rd., Ferguson, Missouri, in the Library Auditorium on June 22, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. All interested persons may attend and comment at the meeting.
Ferguson Municipal Public Library District
Board of Trustees Meeting
Online Meeting via Zoom and Broadcast to YouTube at https://youtu.be/r81awFAFExo
April 27, 2020
1. Public Portion
2. Minutes of the February 24, 2020 Meeting
3. Director’s Report
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Old Business
- Validate online vote: “I move that we treat this extended closing like a short term closing by paying staff.”
- Validate online vote: “I move that we cancel the March Board meeting.”
6. New Business
- Preview budget
- Building Maintenance
- Reschedule appreciation dinner or just give milestone benefits?
- Reappointment of Board members
7. Comments from Council Representative
8. Closed Session
- Pursuant to RsMO 610.022 the Board may at any time vote to close the Public Meeting and move into Closed Session to discuss legal, personnel, employee and/or real-estate matters under 610.021 (1), (2), (3), and (13). President or Acting President asks for motion and second to go into Closed Session. Secretary takes roll-call vote. President or Acting President asks for motion and second to end Closed Session. Secretary takes roll-call vote to end Closed Session.
Public Hearing Notice – Tax Rate
Notice of Public Hearing
Tax Rate – Ferguson Municipal Public Library District
A Public Hearing will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, September 23, 2019, at the Ferguson Municipal Public Library District, 35 N. Florissant Road, at which citizens may be heard on the property tax rates proposed by the Ferguson Municipal Public Library District, a political subdivision. The tax rates shall be set to produce the revenue that was budgeted for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019. The rates allowed under the existing tax rate ceiling are at or below the rates authorized by Ferguson voters. The Library District may make adjustments pursuant to Missouri Revised Statutes Section 137.073, and as required by Law, in accordance with Article X, Section 22 of the Missouri State Constitution.
Please see the attached file for more information.
Public Hearing 2019 (updated Sept. 18. 2019)
What is Ferguson’s Favorite Read?
In the spirit of PBS’s THE GREAT AMERICAN READ, Ferguson Library patrons can vote in a local online and in-person poll for the greatest fiction title of all time. Select one or more titles from the 100-book list below to crown Ferguson’ Favorite Read! To vote in-person, fill out the polling form on your next visit to the library. Voting ends October 18, 2018.