Adult Services Librarian
Ferguson Municipal Public Library in Ferguson, Missouri, is leveling up its public services and we need a dedicated, professional Adult Services Librarian to help take us there! It is a flexible but demanding role that includes:
– Building reference services from scratch
– Being the go-to expert for economic and employment support to build our community’s economic base
– Supervising circulation employees, including handling evaluations and disciplinary actions
– Creating programs for adults and seniors
– Marketing library services
– Developing collections and services
– Many other projects and duties, like any professional librarian in a small library
Requirements for the position:
– Masters in Library and Information Science, or extensive professional library or business experience
– At least 2 years experience in a library setting
– Ability to network with other not-for-profit providers so we can help magnify their work, not duplicate
– Read, write, and speak very well
– Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with staff, patrons, and local citizens, and also maintain composure while handling complaints from the public
Ferguson, one of the oldest cities in St. Louis County, has a rich history and strong identity. It is a diverse community of around 21,000 wonderful people. The Ferguson Municipal Public Library is independent, but also part of the Municipal Library Consortium, a collection of 9 municipal libraries across St. Louis County.
The schedule is flexible, though you can expect to work one evening a week and the occasional Saturday, to schedule around programs, and sometimes accommodate others’ vacation times or sick days. We want a team player who embodies the flexibility a professional in a small library needs, and is able to thrive when given trust and autonomy. This is a salaried exempt position, with starting pay between $43,000 and $50,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include access to health care coverage, LAGERS pension, 2 weeks paid vacation, and sick pay.
Applications should include a cover letter and current resume, and be sent to email@example.com with “Adult Services Librarian” in the subject line, or to
C/O Scott Bonner
35 North Florissant Rd
Ferguson, MO 63135
We will consider applications until the position is filled in a rolling interview process, so quick response will increase likelihood of getting an interview. The Ferguson Municipal Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.
– Scott Bonner, Director