Coronavirus: What You Should Know
The Ferguson Municipal Public Library is aware of the recent reported cases of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, in the St. Louis area and are taking added precautions in our facility.
Temporary changes you may see include:
- Increased cleaning measures.
- Notifications throughout the library on proper hygiene such as hand-washing and sneezing/coughing.
- Frequent wiping down of library surfaces such as the computers, tables, and copy machine.
- Washing hands for 20 seconds after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Staff are encouraged to stay home if exhibiting symptoms of the illness.
As you seek information about the coronavirus, make sure your information is from a trusted source. Many sources can exaggerate, or even fabricate, news in an effort to create panic.
We recommend these online resources for accurate information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- St. Louis County Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization
In addition, if you’re looking for a way to talk to your children about the virus, NPR has made a comic to help:
So make sure to take this opportunity to utilize our emedia, such as Hoopla, Overdrive, and many more! Our emedia can be found here.